There was a surge in demand for Palmdale Lancaster truck accident lawyers since the cases of Truck Accidents were rising. These lawyers can help ease the unfortunate aftereffects of an Accident. Here’s what a Truck Accident Lawyer can do for you:
Build a Convincing Case
While you focus on your recovery, the lawyer builds a compelling case to present to the Insurance Company or Jury in Court. For which he will gather the following:
- He will investigate and collect evidence like police reports, videos, photos from the accident scene, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Compilation of all Medical Bills and expenses related to the injury and anything which will prove loss
- Identify all potentially liable parties and Insurance Carriers. and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf with the insurance companies.
- Take the case to trial if the insurance companies are unwilling to settle.
Proving Your Truck Accident Case
You know you are innocent in the accident; how do you prove it in the court or your claim? There are four basic elements of negligence that a person should prove in a personal injury:
- The truck driver’s duty of care was to drive safely and reasonably, and he breached that duty of care.
- That case breach caused your injury, and you suffered damages due to that injury.
In a Personal Injury Lawsuit, the damages you receive may fall under the category of Economic or Non-Economic. Economic damages include Medical Expenditure, loss of income, property damage, and non- Economic damages may include grief, suffering, etc.
Perhaps More Goes on Than Just a Driver Mistake
According to the Law, if you were injured in an accident, you have the right to seek compensation from any party whose negligence caused it. It would be best to establish that this party had a duty of care not to put other people in danger, and they breached it by creating unsafe conditions. In most cases, either of the parties is liable for such causes. But, even the city might be liable in some cases wherein it is dangerous but preventable road conditions; in legal terms, this is premises liability.
Help you recover Non- Economic Damages
Your losses in an accident are not only associated with just medical expenses. Sometimes, it may lead to permanent disability or even hinder starting a new career. In that case, your lawyer will ensure that you live comfortably without working.