Before, it was believed that the career of a soccer player ends after reaching the age limit of 30-35 years old. But world soccer shows that age is just a number. Armed with their acquired experience, many players reach their full potential after the age of 30. If you like sports and you are a passionate fan, we recommend you to register on ibet789 to keep up with the latest sports events and have the opportunity to be rewarded for winning bets. In the meantime, we will remember which of the players who have reached the age of 35 are still on the crest of the wave and continue to play in the world and European leagues.
The sunset of a career or its new turn – who makes the list of the best soccer players over the age of 35?
Here are the top five players over 35:
- Cristiano Ronaldo is a 37-year-old Portuguese player, a five-time winner of the Golden Ball and the 2016 UEFA Nations League trophy. The “Juventus” club player since 2018 does not even think about ending his career. More than 100 goals for the Portuguese national team are on his account.
- Fernandinho – the 37-year-old footballer, Manchester City’s best defender and midfielder, a three-time winner of Premier League Cup awards.
- Luka Modrić is a Croatian footballer who has helped “Real Madrid” win four Champions League titles. Modrić is a 36-year-old Croatian national team player, winner of the Golden Ball and he is recognized as the best midfielder in the UEFA Champions League in 2017 and 2018.
- Swedish footballer Zlatan Ibrahimović almost ended his soccer career in 2018 due to injury. However, he later joined the “Los Angeles Galaxy club” and, despite his solid age for a sportsman, demonstrated an excellent game of offense. On January 2, 2020, at the age of 40, he returned to “AC Milan” and scored 36 goals for the club from 2020 to 2022.
- Tiago Silva is a Brazilian footballer, national team player and “Chelsea” centre-back. He helped the “Blues” win the UEFA Super Cup and the Champions League in 2020-2021.
Is it possible to play great soccer after 50?
You can bet on your favorite team, club, player or soccer squad and get financial rewards for it in case you win. Betting with ibet 789 is possible from anywhere in the world, just register, choose a sporting event and make predictions on the result.
As the practice of world soccer shows, the age of over 30 years for a soccer player does not mean the sunset of his career. In the context of age, it is impossible not to think of Kazuyoshi Miura. The Asian footballer originally from Japan has never played in the Europa League, but began his journey in the mid-80s and in 2022, at the age of 54 years signed a new contract for the next season with the “Yokohama” club.