The BPSC AE Prelims exam are most importantly concerned with the jobs and administrative posts (Civil services) in Bihar. Certain cut-off lists are issued by the authorities concerning the clearance of every level of examination. The candidates are expected to pass the requirement by obtaining the cut off marks at every level of the exam, namely, preliminary examination, main examination as well as interview part.
To qualify the BPSC AE exam for Prelims, it is critical that a candidate obtains the cut off marks. You can visit BYJU’S Exam Prep to get the latest information about the BPSC AE exam, syllabus, exam pattern, question papers, mock tests and more!
BPSC AE Cut Off a
A large number of candidates according to the official information appear for the BPSC AE Prelims exam every year. Depending on the respective results a large number of aspirants aim for various posts and vacancies like Bihar administration services, police services, financial services etc.
Below you can check out the BPSC AE cut Off:
Normally as per the general category, a total of 535 is considered to be a good score for men while the same is 513 for the general women category.
The BPSC AE Prelims exam includes separate cut-offs in respect to different categories as per general class, other backward classes, scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, even for economically backward classes, the differently-abled ones as well as the blood relation of freedom fighters etc. The BPSC AE Prelims exam needs to be cleared with the appropriate cut-off (minimum required marks) is mandatory for the candidates to apply for Grade A & Grade B administrative jobs and vacancies. The preliminary examination forms the basis of entering the main exam.
BPSC AE Cut-offs as per the Category of Candidate
- General category: Qualifying cut-off percentage is 40%
- For OBC: Qualifying cut-off percentage is 36.50%
- EWC Category: Qualifying cut-off percentage is 34%
- SC/ST/WOMEN/PwD: Qualifying cut-off percentage is 32%
Factors determining the BPSC Prelims Cut-off
The number of aspirants, the level of the set question paper, recent cut-off variations, sets and vacancies etc. determine the same.
Important details to be considered regarding the same
For an effective way of approach to crack the respective Prelim examination certain important considerations are:
- The prelims include one exam with an aggregate of 150 marked questions and without any criterion for negative marking.
- The score of the preliminary examination isn’t accounted/considered as per the convenience during the final round and interview.
- BPSC officially announces the cut out after the declaration of the Bihar service examination’s annual result.
Different cut-offs of recent years and the latest news about BPSC AE Prelims can be checked online without much effort. From there, candidates can have a better understanding of the hike in the competition and the level of the exam every year. The competition every year has been rising and so is the score list.
Various stages about the qualification of the exam
The Bihar civil services preliminary exam cut off list is directly related to the number of candidates required or are supposed to be selected. Candidates selected attempt at the next level for appearing in BPSC mains. It’s 13 times the vacancy is released but for the interview, the number may not be more than thrice the one selected for the mainstream exam.
Cut off stages are declared by BPSC individually for every level. It’s important and worth noting that the final level includes the score of interviews as well.
- Prelims cleared makes you eligible to appear for the main exam. The BPSC declared the name of the candidates who passed the first level with the required marks. The respective cut-off list is calculated based on the applicant’s score out of 1150. For the main examination of BPSC, the score of the candidates is assessed out of a total of 900 marks. Those succeeding in passing out the same are contacted for the next level of Screening/Personal interview.
- The final cut off is assessed based on the scores of the first two levels, i.e., mains as well as interview. An allotment of one hundred twenty is given to the same and this makes the final aggregate to be calculated out of a total of 1,020 marks.
The candidates appearing for the BPSC AE Prelims exam can visit the official BPSC digital page for knowing about the final results or can visit the online links provided.
Stay Connect our education blog & Submit Guest Post Education